Technical Services Controller
- Addo Food Group
- Full Time
As Technical Services Controller, you’ll be providing administrative support to the management and staff of the food or drink company’s technical department.
You’ll be making sure that the technical side of company business runs smoothly which means working with other colleagues and departments within the business as well as suppliers and customers.
You’ll be a key member of the technical team, making sure that any problems are resolved quickly and responding to any issues that may arise.
The Technical Team is responsible for the following ranges of duties, and you will assist us in meeting these requirements:
- Making sure all customer and legal requirements are met
- Checking incoming raw materials and ingredients
- Ensuring that weight and temperature measuring equipment is properly calibrated
- Checking product labels
- Performing regular routine audits
- Reporting any non-conformance problems
- Collecting samples for laboratory testing
- Supporting the production team to get things done and recorded correctly, and making sure that everyone complies with company food safety procedures
Tottle Bakery specialises in pork pie production and is one of only two businesses that sit within the PGI-designated Melton Mowbray pork pie region.
The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. An investment of £12 million over the last five years has enabled the business to expand its production capabilities significantly, allowing Addo Food Group to focus all of its pork pie manufacturing into a single centre of excellence.
Tottle Bakery is the home of the Pork Farms and Bowyers brands, with branded products accounting for just under half of the business’ total sales. Tottle Bakery is the leading pork pie supplier to Asda, Lidl, Aldi and as our own Brand in Tesco as well as into the convenience and discounter channels. The business has a strategic partnership with Branston, allowing the business to produce pork pies topped with the UK’s leading pickle brand.Download Job Description