Family Support Worker
- Full Time
Barnardo's provide a range of services to help and support families across the UK, working with organisations and professionals so that children get the best start in life. As a charity we support over 358,000 vulnerable children, young people, their families, and carers each year.
We believe that with the right help, children can change their lives and achieve their potential.
Barnardo's is committed to realising Hertfordshire's vision for Family Centre Services through a coordinated, yet agile service delivery model that responds to the needs of children and their parents, providing early and effective support which enables families to develop resilience and independence, and enables children and young people to achieve their full potential.
As a Family Support Worker the focus of your role will be delivering targeted one to one and group interventions, both intensive and non-intensive using a strengths-based whole system approach. You will work with families to develop their own outcome plans and ensure all work is carried out within the principles of co-design and co-production.
Hertfordshire Family Centres are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our passionate team! In support of the Hertfordshire vision, our model of delivery will provide:
- Support for families before they reach crisis point, intervening early with timely and effective support.
- Enhancement of existing good practice to secure good outcomes for families in relation to school readiness, improved parenting, opportunities for adults, healthy lifestyles, and children's safety/wellbeing.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience:
- To have awareness of factors impacting on and issues facing vulnerable children and young people and families.
- To have experience of case holding across levels of need and of providing support to complex families with chronic and acute needs.
- An awareness of children's need to feel safe and to apply safeguarding and child protection procedures
- A commitment to actively engage and promote children, young people family's voice and the opportunity for them to be heard.
- An ability to communicate at all levels and to work as part of a team.
- To accurately and clearly record case notes deploying the necessary standard of writing and IT skills.
There may be situations where it is safe and appropriate for experienced Family Support Worker at Project Worker 2 level to supervise volunteers and students and where a development need can be met.
The post holder will be required to travel across the North Herts Quadrant covering Stevenage and surrounding villages, Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Royston . Hold a qualification at minimum of Level 3 in Early years and development and Working with Families in need or equivalent.
The Family Support Service core working hours are between 8am and 6pm with some evening and weekend work to suit the needs of the service.
If you have any questions relating to the role and would like to discuss the role further, then please contact us on 0300 123 7572 and ask to speak to Sharon Young.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
At Barnardo's we believe in children no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.