Application Support Analyst
The primary objective is to provide a single point of contact between the services being provided and the users. Typically this will involve managing cases, incidents and service requests, and also handling communication with the users. About the role:
The primary objective is to provide a single point of contact between the services being provided and the users. Typically this will involve managing cases, incidents and service requests, and also handling communication with the users.
What you'll be doing:
- Interpersonal skills, such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care training
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the organisation's business areas, drivers, structure, priorities etc.
- Service awareness of all the organisation's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Technical awareness (& deeper technical training to the appropriate level, depending upon the resolution rate sought)
- Depending on level of support provided, some diagnosis skills
- Support tools and techniques
- Awareness training and tutorials in new systems and technologies, prior to their introduction
- Processes and procedures (incident, change and service )
- Wider overview of ITSM processes and procedures
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of incident or service request details.
What we're looking for experience in:
- Recording incidents
- Routeing incidents to support specialist groups when needed
- Analysing for correct prioritisation, classification and providing initial support
- Providing ownership, monitoring, tracking and communication of incidents
- Providing resolution and recovery of incidents not assigned to support specialist groups
- Closing incidents
- Monitoring the status and progress towards resolution of assigned incidents
- Keeping users and the service desk informed about incident progress
Established in Swindon, Wiltshire in 1999, Capita Workforce Management provides comprehensive and intuitive workforce management software solutions. We became part of Capita PLC in 2015 and have continued to grow and thrive. Aimed at driving productivity within your business, our flagship product suite, Intelligent Workforce Management, comprises 7 flexible products that have been designed to be used alone or in conjunction with each other to fit your business requirements accordingly.
Designed, developed and managed by a team of over 30 in-house experts, the product suite has come a long way in the past 18 years
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27 ) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
What we hope you'll do next:
- Looking to discover more? Let your line manager know, then choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application and send us your CV.
- To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
- We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.