Learning Management System Developer
This is a Hybrid role mainly working from home but some office visits in Moreton In Marsh
What you'll be doing:
This is an exciting position for an experienced Moodle Learning Management System developer and designer looking for their next role; a place where you can make a difference and somewhere to apply the skills already learnt and to embrace the FSC's passion for continuous improvement by undertaking new training and taking on new and more complex projects
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining programmes within our Moodle system and will also be involved in content development as part of a team to ensure high quality innovative learning content is available to support our wide-range of courses for the Emergency Services Sector. The successful candidate ideally needs to have experience in process control and have an eye for detail as they will work within the Quality Team to help deliver its transformational strategy across all areas of the business.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the establishment of Moodle Workplace at the College as the Learning Management System.
- Work to configure Moodle to meet the requirements of the College and to provide an effective delegate journey.
- Work with digital content developers to establish content on the Learning Management Systems
- Play a key role in the implementation of the software including supporting end-users to become familiar with how it works.
- Support development of end to end learning process within eLearning platform to ensure Quality Assurance and drive efficiencies.
- Day to day administration of our digital learning platform
- Archiving and maintaining of learning materials in our cloud-based storage area
- Ensuring protection of learning materials in line with FSC copyright
- Create and maintain training medium to support all users.
- Deliver training session on the use of eLearning platform.
What we need from you:
- Innovative thinking around design and development
- Passion for the learning experience
- Experience in using Moodle Learning Management Systems, with Moodle Workplace experience being desirable
- Excellent overall IT capability
- Experience in using proprietary and third party multi-interdependent authoring and content development tools
- Understanding and or experience in software installation projects.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal skills with strong attention to detail
- A strong team player with collaborative approach
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
About Fire Service College:
At the Fire Service College, we're protecting tomorrow, today. Our organization is transforming fire and rescue training internationally, and equipping firefighters with the best possible skills and knowledge of the latest techniques. Our teams have helped the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham to train their security staff for emergency scenarios, and helped Northampton shire Fire and Rescue Service to increase applications from women and ethnic minorities. Join us and discover better as you support the future of fire and rescue.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at [email protected] or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.