Join our team of professional Development Management Planners. As a Planning Assistant you will assessing simple planning aplications. We are currently looking to recruit a Planning Assistant or Graduate to process and assess planning applications including but not restricted to certificates of lawful development, adverts, licenses, conditions, householders and prior notification, taking in to account local and national planning policies. The post holder will be expected to carry out site visits and manage a large workload meeting challenging targets.
This role is open to Graduates from any discipline and we can support individuals through a Planning Apprenticeship too.
What you will be doing:
- Process planning applications.
- Provide advice in person, on the telephone and in writing to all clients and other users of the service including applicants, agents, members and the general public.
- Manage a large and varied caseload of applications, meeting local and statutory deadlines
- Carry out a broad range of work to assist service delivery including printing, scanning, inputting and preparing presentations.
- Assist the planning unit when necessary to carry out a broad range of development management work including validating applications, processing appeals, trees, enforcement, planning policy and project work.
- Assist the planning unit when necessary to register and administer prior notification applications.
- Assist the planning unit in the organisation and running of planning committees.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients and to help build good relationships with them through the production of high quality work and by acting in a professional manner.
- Identify potential opportunities to improve service provision and efficiency.
- Deal with customer contact and respond to complaints, logging on the appropriate system.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Planning or Planning related subject (1st class or 2:1 essential) and/or willingness to undertake additional formal training. Unless on a placement.
- Assertive and confident to be able to negotiate with stakeholders and communicate clear advice on proposals
- Driving licence
About Local Government Services
At Government Services, we're transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We're using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air. Join us and discover better as you keep the country running smoothly.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic Salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Charlotte Barnett @ [email protected]
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time .
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.