We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible. The PMO Manager will work as part of the Business Operations Team supporting the delivery of an efficient and sustainable highways and transportation asset management function on behalf of the London Borough of Barnet, providing high quality cost-effective management, development and delivery solutions in order to ensure that the London Borough of Barnet fulfils its statutory duty as Highways Authority for the purposes of the Highways Act 1980.
The post holder is responsible for the management of the Regional Enterprise (Re) Highways Project Management Office (PMO) including all programme and work scheduling and performance management functions across a wide range of locally and strategically important highway schemes, with particular initial emphasis on Major Maintenance Capital Programmes (NRP), TfL schemes (LIP), Area Schemes promoted by Committees and Parking / CPZ schemes.
What you'll be doing:
- Establishing a new PMO and managing the PMO team members and activities to ensure that the Council meets its obligations with regard to a range of processes related to scheme and programme planning and implementation across the borough
- Lead on the collation and coordination all Highways Asset Management programmes of work across Re Highways Service, including liaison with the wider business and the London Borough of Barnet
- To ensure all works programmed through the Highways Asset Management Programme are monitored in line with agreed timescales, budgets, procedures and standards, ensuring full compliance with the contract and associated specification
- To enable all works programmed through the Highways Asset Management Programme to be recorded in the relevant systems, in line with the defined data capture guidelines, processes and standards
- Monitor and manage trends in performance across all deliverables, maintain and support business improvement activities and prepare for and oversee all audit processes
- To manage the Re Highways GIS function managing the local land gazetteer, asset management data sets and spatial data sets on behalf of the service.
- Lead on performance reviews and audits to ensure scheme delivery and quality and performance assurance. Deliver performance trend reports, identification of risk and root cause analysis to support Service development and risk mitigation
- Ensure that the processing of all data and information on a variety of schemes, projects and programmes across the Borough is managed in an efficient and effective way, contributing where appropriate to all Financial and Performance activities for the Client and Capita.
- Provide technical input and support to business planning processes, including options appraisals and the development of business case proposals, for new systems and processes supporting the delivery of essential Highways Services
What we're looking for:
- Experience in setting up and/ or management of a Project Management Office
- Experience of leadership and team management within a professional services organisation
- Ability to demonstrate management and implementation of project and programme tools and techniques
- Experience of tracking the statuses and performance of multiple projects concurrently, providing appropriate roll-up level reporting to stakeholders.
- Experience with quality control procedures and performance management
- Experience in performance data analysis, forecasting and reporting including performance indicators
- Knowledge of business systems and processes to drive efficiencies
- Significant Project & Programme Management Skills
- Experience in customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Membership of an appropriate professional body or evidence of working towards this
Re is a Joint Venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita delivering Highways, Planning and Regulatory services on behalf of the Borough. The Re Highways Service exists to provide high quality and cost-effective highways and transportation management solutions, which are of real benefit to residents, businesses and visitors of the London Borough of Barnet, both now and into the future.
The Service encompasses three integrated teams i.e. Asset Management; Traffic Management & Compliance; and Performance, Programme and Innovation. The teams are underpinned by robust Business Support Functions to ensure the right decision at the right time.
The Service has in place clear performance and improvement mechanisms to ensure that every team understands and delivers against their roles and responsibilities in relation to 'The Way We Work'. This approach enables all activities to be undertaken in an integrated and focused way delivering the Service vision, objectives and outcomes in an accurate and timely fashion, ensuring Service Excellence at every point of customer contact.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- Flexible home working options
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.