- Full Time
We have a unique chance to join Carpetright as a Group Accountant. You will be a key member of the Group Finance team reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller to deliver excellence in Group wide reporting, ensuring timely close of period ends & year end for the group. You will also have responsibility for monthly consolidation, the preparation of group management accounts and the preparation of audited subsidiary accounts.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and are proud to have helped people transform their homes for over 30 years. We have exciting growth plans, invest significantly in digital marketing annually, and we would love for you to be a part of it!
A flavour of the key responsibilities:
- Preparation of Monthly management accounts
- Manage the intercompany reconciliation
- Preparation of audited accounts for UK subsidiaries Under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Assist in the year end group audit and preparation of all notes
- Oversee the group chart of accounts
- Manage the integrity of the consolidation system
- Provide basic technical advice to the wider business.
- Manage the integrity of the financial system
- Support the wider UK finance team as needed
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Strong understanding of IFRS, FRS 101/102 and old UK GAAP
- Good understanding of financial accounting and ideally have had exposure to multi-national consolidations
- An inquisitive mind-set where you continuously seek process improvement
- Articulate and credible when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders