Network Security Engineer
- Full Time
Network Security Engineer - Permanent - Purfleet, Essex
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Security Engineer to join our IT team at Carpetright. You will manage all aspects of our network security, ensuring our people, systems and data are protected.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and for over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle. Not only helping them find that perfect floor but providing a full end-to-end service, irrespective of whether the customer’s journey starts in store or online. We have exciting growth plans and we would love for you to be a part of it!
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with the Network, Infrastructure & PC Support teams on design, implementation and maintenance of security solutions, policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Managing the threat & vulnerability activities; this includes, scanning, PCI DSS specific scanning, remediation & patch management assignment, discovery, and penetration testing.
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement, including industry best practices and recommending changes to the systems.
- Reviewing and contributing to cyber security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Monitoring and enforcing security standards and technologies for all systems and infrastructure through rigor and governance.
- Researching and maintaining tools, techniques, countermeasures and trends in computer & network threats.
- Liaising with both third-party service suppliers and internal teams to ensure all security controls are being monitored and updated.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and expertise in monitoring systems & Cisco ISE, including, SIEM.
- Strong level of experience with and understanding of firewalls.
- Good level of technical experience in all aspects of IT infrastructure.
- Understanding of DNS, OSI layers, packet captures, TCP-IP, http headers, knowledge of TLS.
- Effective problem-solving, decision making and judgement skills.
- Experience of relevant technologies (such as Networks, LANs and WANs, Servers, Virtualization etc.).