The post holder will be responsible for ensuring adequate risk assessment and scheduling of technical changes and releases. The key responsibilities of the role are:-
– Create, implement and lead a Change Advisory Board (CAB) ensuring appropriate membership and terms of reference. Promote awareness of the CAB and manage compliance with the change processes.
– Manage changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, changes made by suppliers and associated documentation. Ensure compliance of the business services impacted by the change.
– Ensure that changes to assets are recorded and controlled appropriately. Promote organisational commitment to asset control.
– Collaborate with team members, delivery partners and service providers on delivery milestones to ensure smooth implementation of new and enhanced services.
– Coordinate the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation. Identify the correct procedures or channels for resolution and monitor resolution activity and progress updates to customers.
– Stay abreast of industry developments to make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.Responsibilities- 2+ years experience in change management and ability to implement a successful change management process from zero to full maturity.
– 2+ years experience in asset and configuration management.
– Demonstrable knowledge of managing service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
– Experience diagnosing and prioritising incidents, investigating their causes and finding resolutions.