As we are a growing business there may be future opportunities for a permanent position within the local area.
Help us create a remarkable food business, with warm welcoming shops and a level of personal service and expertise you don¿t find elsewhere. Lead our small shop teams who are responsible for delivering a friendly buzz, excellent retailing and remarkable service. You will be responsible for building great relationships with our customers, knowing our food inside out, and leading an excellent retail operation. As well as driving sales you will also be a hands on member of the team, serving customers and replenishing stocks to ensure the best possible sales environment for our customers.
About the Role:
REMARKABLE SERVICE -
- To provide first class customer service to every customer, every time, and to lead your team to do the same.
- To treat every customer with courtesy and respect and ensure they take priority over whatever else you are doing.
- Lead your team to develop their product knowledge so they can advise customers on menu planning and increase sales by talking about upcoming offers, products and promotions.
- Train, monitor and review all of your team on Remarkable Service to ensure our customers receive the company standard on every visit.
REMARKABLE BUSINESS -
- Deliver all financial targets through your team.
- We are a food business ¿ make sure the shop always looks immaculate, clean and spotless.
- Lead your team to deliver the COOK brand standards and follow all the legal, health and safety and fire procedures.
- Develop excellence in cash handling and weekly reporting to ensure our Central functions receive the information they require.
- Understand your P&L report each period and maintain a reporting system for any variances.
- Review your service levels regularly and plan local marketing where necessary.
- Checking in deliveries and placing orders. Accountable for accurate stock taking every period.
- Ensure your team represent the brand at all times through their service, standard of dress and communication with customers.
REMARKABLE PEOPLE -
- Maintain and update all training records.
- Train your team in all relevant areas of daily shop procedures.
- To maintain staff records in staff discipline, sickness and holidays.
- Hold daily team briefings to communicate current business requirements and motivate for the task ahead.
- Recruit and train new team members where needed and to maintain rotas and adequately cover for absence.
- Carry out meaningful appraisals and on-going development of the team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced manager who is commercially savvy and people focused. Must be experienced with running a multi-channel business as this shop is a traditional shop with local delivery run from it.
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, including weekend working