£24,160 - £30,200 (Work Level 6B) plus excellent benefits
Manchester city centre
We're now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We're looking for a financial analyst to join us and support in building plans and basic financial modelling across our different business areas. You'll be providing a clear analysis of our performance and translating it into an accessible and insightful way so that our senior leaders can use it to inform decisions that optimise the business. We've got a big job on our hands to transform the way we do things at Co-op. And when we get it right, it'll have even bigger benefits for our customers, members and colleagues.
As a financial analyst, you'll be playing a key part in the team that's responsible for analysing performance and trends, providing insights from that data and forecasting, budgeting and planning for the future. If you're future focused and can bring us the skills that we need, we can offer you the chance to build your career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you'll do
* support in building financial plans, using proven techniques and methods
* financial modelling and interpretation of the data to provide insights
* communicate insights to the senior team in a clear and accessible way
* provide analysis and benchmark performance, including both financial and non-financial metrics, that will inform and optimise decision making
* supporting weekly and periodic performance reporting across the different business areas
* develop skills to provide trial analysis and support for key projects
This role would suit people who have
* an accountancy qualification (or you're currently working towards one)
* experience analysing data and drawing conclusions from this
* good communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of partners across the business
* proficient IT skills including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (you're able to confidently work with VLOOKUP, pivot tables and other advanced formulas)
* a desire to develop and grow within the role and constantly try new things
* the ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
Here you'll do work that matters. We're a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.