Food Quality Control Officer
Circa £20,880 plus benefits (Grade F13)
Day shift: 5am to 1pm – 5 days over 7 with 1 weekend in 3
We’re looking for a food quality control officer to join the team in our Wellingborough depot. If you can bring us the experience we need, this is a great opportunity to develop and make sure we’re consistently delivering the highest standard of products to our customers across the UK.
As a quality control officer, we’ll look for you to inspect our own brand products to make sure that they meet our quality and safety standards. When you come across a product that’s not up to scratch, it’ll be up to you to take whatever action is necessary so our customer’s and member’s experience is protected at all times.
What you’ll do:
* inspect all co-op own brand food and non-food products to make sure they meet all quality standards and specifications
* take action where products don’t meet requirements to make sure poor quality products are dealt with promptly and efficiently
* build reports documenting product deficiencies to send back to suppliers
* maintain systems and processes for recording and reporting quality and supplier performance
* monitor and respond to feedback on product quality standards and report on any trends
This role would suit someone who has:
* experience working in a depot environment
* proven knowledge of product quality (ideally food)
* the ability to work on your own initiative
* a strong customer focus
* good IT knowledge and experience
* strong communication skills and the ability to engage and build relationships with suppliers and all colleagues across the wider Co-op
* good time management skills and able to prioritise tasks
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.