Member Pioneer - Kingswells
- Part Time
£9.68 per hour plus benefits, 4 hours per weekHome based in Kingswells You’ll need to live in or close to this community to apply
We’re looking for a member pioneer to join us at Co-op. In this unique role you’ll have the opportunity to make great things happen in your community.
As a member pioneer, you’ll connect with Co-op members and colleagues, along with local causes and community groups, to make your community a better place. You’ll bring like-minded people together, offer practical advice and be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects.
We’ve got member pioneers in each community across the UK, helping us to achieve our ambition of building a better future by increasing community co-operation. If you’re looking for something to make your spare time more rewarding, we can offer you the chance to make a difference where you live, supported by nearly 65,000 Co-op colleagues and over 4.5 million Co-op members.
This is a part time role that many people do on top of their ‘day job’. You’ll be paid for 4 hours per week (16 across the month).
What you’ll do:
- develop an action plan to support building stronger and more resilient communities, providing fairer access to; food, mental wellbeing services, and opportunities for young people
- establish and run a local community forum, or make connections with one that already exists
- build a strong network locally using social media and digital platforms (such as Co-operate) to help
- understand your community needs, keeping your ear to the ground
- keep on top of activity in your community which you could partner with to support your ambitious plans
- prioritise your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference
This role would suit someone who:
- have lots of enthusiasm with the ability to get things moving
- love working with and connecting people, with an inspirational communication style
- are confident using social media and Microsoft Office programs (such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams etc.)
- are committed and dedicated
- are adaptable and will try different ways to get a successful outcome
- lives within or very close to the community this vacancy supports and has the flexibility with their time to suit the community they serve
Why Co-op? As a member pioneer you’ll have the chance to support local communities, making a visible difference by encouraging people to work together. As a Co-op colleague you’ll also receive a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including:
- discounts on Co-op products and services, up to 20%
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- access to wellbeing support
Building an inclusive work environment We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve. We can make adjustments to the interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete two online assessments. It will take you 15-20 minutes to complete these tests.