Member Pioneer - Shildon
£9.97 per hour plus benefits
Home based in Shildon. You'll need to live in or very close to this community to be eligible to apply
4 hours per week (16 hours per month). Flexible hours that meet the needs of your community
We're looking for member pioneers to join Co-op, in communities across the country. In this unique role you'll be focused on bringing people together to make a difference in your community. That means talking to Co-op members, colleagues in stores and funeral homes, and representatives of the many local causes we support. By building relationships with and connecting these people you'll be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects that will make our communities better places to live.
We plan to have a member pioneer dedicated to each of our communities and you'll be a part of this ambitious plan for a better future. Everything you do will contribute to our community plan, making sure we make the biggest impact possible across the UK by increasing community co-operation. It's an opportunity to make a visible difference where you live, supported by an organisation with nearly 70,000 colleagues.
What you'll do:
- develop an action plan to improve community wellbeing, aligned to key themes
- establish and run a local community forum, or make connections with one that already exists
- build a strong group of contacts locally, making use of social media platforms to help with listening to and getting involved in community conversation
- get activities off the ground and encourage lots of involvement from members in your community
- prioritise your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference.
This role would suit someone who:
- has lots of enthusiasm with the ability to get things moving
- is interested in all things community focussed
- can inspire and motivate people through their communication style
- loves working with and connecting people
- can prioritise their time and remain focussed on a long term goal
- is confident using social media
- has good basic IT skills (ideally with experience using collaborative tools like the Google suite or Skype)
- is both committed and dedicated
- lives within or very close to the community you'll support, detailed above
As a member pioneer you'll have the chance to support local communities, making a visible difference by encouraging people to work together. As a Co-op colleague you'll also receive a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days holiday (rising to 30 with service)
- discounts on all kinds of Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to the interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.