Customer Team Leader
Location: 10 King Street, Stonehouse, ML9 3EF
Pay: £11.00 per hour + great benefits.
Contract: 39 hours per week + regular overtime, permanent, full time
Working pattern: 5 varied shifts over 7 days including early mornings (store opening), afternoons, late evenings (store closing) and weekends, to be discussed at interview.
Full training given
You can now apply for this role using your mobile device
You must be aged 18 or over to be a customer team leader at Co-op, as you'll need to authorise age-related sales.
As a customer team leader at Co-op, you'll help put our store purpose into practice. You'll connect people and causes in your local community, provide great service to our customers, and give coaching and support to our colleagues in-store.
In return, we'll help you to become a purpose driven Co-op leader. You'll learn how our stores are run, and develop your leadership skills so that when an opportunity to progress comes up, you're in a great place to grab it.
What you'll do
- Friendly and thoughtful service - Friendly and thoughtful service - you'll give friendly, welcoming, easy, helpful and thoughtful service every day, often taking ownership for managing the store and handling challenging situations
- Engage with everyone to succeed together - you'll build your team's capability through coaching and training, and create an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued and able to speak their mind
- Make sure the store is safe, legal and operational - you'll manage diligence checks and stock accuracy to make sure our customers have a quick and easy shopping experience, and support your store manager with HR processes
- Embrace change - you'll help to lead change in store, working closely with your team to land new ways of working, and encouraging them to provide open and honest feedback on change activities
- Co-operate for a fairer world - you'll build relationships and get involved with your local community, working closely with your local member pioneer to help them with the development and delivery of their Co-op community plan
This job would suit people who have
- genuine care for the needs of customers and colleagues
- the ability to strike a balance between leading the team and supporting on the shopfloor
- great communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with all kinds of people
- strong organisational and problem solving skills
- a desire to learn, grow and develop your skills
- the flexibility to work a range of shifts
We'll support your development, and help you to grow your leadership skills, so you can build a career in a business with a purpose beyond profit. You'll also get package that includes:
- pay rates aligned to the Real Living Wage
- Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm
- flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities (we provide rotas to your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance)
- 20% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round
- 10% off other brands all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
- discounts on other Co-op products and services
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- services to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive workplace
We want to build diverse teams where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We believe in equal opportunities, and we know it's important that our teams reflect the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of the application process for this job, you'll need to complete two online assessments. It will take 15-20 minutes to complete these tests.