Required 4th January 2022
The Governors of Wigton Infant School are looking to appoint two enthusiastic, committed and caring teaching assistants to join our inclusion team in our friendly and thriving school.
Both posts are fixed term contracts from 4th January 2021 until 20th July 2022 due to SEN funding restrictions.
Monday to Friday 30 hours per week hours of work to be determined.
The successful candidates will:
• Be committed to inclusive practice and meeting the wide range of needs in our Resourced Provision school. This includes aspects of intimate care.
• Have high expectations and demonstrate a commitment to raising standards and achieving the best for all of our children.
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic and be willing to commit to further SEND training to meet the needs of the children within school.
• Work with 1:1, small groups and whole class where appropriate.
• Be a committed team member and fully prepared to become involved in the wider life of the school.
• Show evidence of excellent classroom practice and behaviour management skills.
• Ideally have previous experience of working with children on a 1:1 basis and supporting children with Autism Spectrum Condition.
• Be able to attend some staff meetings and training sessions.
• Be able to form successful relationships with parents, colleagues and the wider community.
• Hold NVQ3 or equivalent.
• Be an excellent communicator.
• Work well independently and as part of a team.
• Have good knowledge of KS1 and or the EYFS.
Wigton Infant School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of its pupils, engages with young people and staff in Policy and practice developments, proactively encourages feedback and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a safeguarding declaration form.
Wigton Infant School is a Safeguarding School. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate checks and undertake an enhanced DBS and, where appropriate to the post, a requirement to complete a Childcare Disqualification declaration.
All members of staff undergo safeguarding training.
Application pack and further details are available from:
• the school office: [email protected]
• the school website: www.wigtoninf.cumbria.sch.uk
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 8th December 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 9th December 2021
Interviews: Friday 10th December 2021
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by telephoning the school office on 016973 42649.
Please return completed application forms to the head teacher, Mr G Norman by the closing date above.