Required as soon as possible
5 hours per week - Monday to Friday. Term time only.
Dowdales School is a proud, thriving and ambitious community. Here, we work together, as one, to ensure that everyone thrives in everything that they do. As a whole school, and as individuals, we aim high: wanting the very best for all. Everyone in Dowdales School leads by example ensuring that we treat each other as we want to be treated ourselves.
We are a community school with over 820 students aged 11-16 years on roll. Situated in the historic town of Dalton in Furness, we enjoy being on the fringe of the Lake District National Park. As an Ofsted rated ‘good’ school, we believe in high expectations, excellent teaching and ambition for every young person.
We are seeking to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisor who will be responsible for the supervision of students to ensure a safe and smooth meal service, working as part of our lunchtime supervision team. The successful candidate will foster positive relationships with staff and students ensuring that the dining room and dining experience are positive for all. A team rota will be in place and will involve some time outdoors.
We are proud to have:
• Extremely high aspirations for all students at Dowdales ensuring that every young person makes excellent progress and performs to the best of their ability.
• Students with positive attitudes who enjoy coming to school.
• An enthusiastic and dedicated team of staff and governors.
We would welcome applications from someone who has:
• Experience of relating well to people at all levels.
• Experience of working constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
• A flexible working attitude and be willing to learn.
Completed application forms to be returned to Mrs J Heywood at Dowdales School by 9am on Tuesday 30th November 2021 by email [email protected]
or post. If you have any questions or queries about any aspect of this procedure please do not hesitate to call on 01229 469800.
Dowdales School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake child protection screening, including references from past employers and an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CV'S AND AN APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED