Become a foster carer for Devon children
Inspire a future, become a foster carer for Devon children
You dont need to be a superhero to foster a child! If you have an interest in helping to make vulnerable young peoples lives better and a spare room, we would like to hear from you. We need carers to inspire the future of the children in their care, and provide them with loving, safe, and stable homes for as long as they need them.
We want more foster carers across Devon for children in our care. Every child is as unique as you are, and all have different needs, so we are looking for people with different skills, abilities, and experiences -who you are really does matter.
We would like to hear from you if you feel you are flexible, open, and honest, and if you would like to make a difference to the lives of young people.
All our foster carers receive exceptional support and training as well as competitive rates of pay.
- Competitive financial support packages (majority tax free) of up to £489 per week, per child (based on the childs needs), plus birthday, festival and holiday allowances depending on the childs age
- Comprehensive training packages local to where you live, before you care for young people and afterwards
- Local support groupsacross our four different geographical areas
- Peer supportfrom experienced foster carers who can support you in your new role
- Support fromyour own dedicated Supervising Social Workerallocated to support you
- A year-round programme of activities
- A dedicated Childrens Promoting Stability Teamoffering therapeutic support and guidance 7 days a week, including unsocial hours
- Paid membership of professional organisations such as Foster Talk
You will need:
- A spare bedroom
- To be at least 21 years old
- To live in this country, or have lived here for at least one year at the time of applying
- You, your partner, or any adult who lives with you should have no convictions or cautions relating to offences against children, or other serious offences
- Access to transport
Fostering is a big commitment for anyone, but were confident that youll find the rewards worth it. If you think you have the skills and compassion needed, please get in touch, either:
For an informal, in confidence chat, call our team today on 0345 155 1077 (lines open 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4pm Fridays)
Email [email protected] and provide us with your name and contact details