Customer Service & Production Specialist
Deliver a best-in-class motor repair service to DLG customers, ensure the business is protected and operational process & procedure is standardised. Ensure all referrals from B2B and retail customers are triaged in accordance with defined Repair POD approved rules sets, procedures and compliance requirements.
Work collaboratively within your Repair POD area both with your immediate central team members and POD technicians to schedule all repair bookings, process and order all parts required from the company approved supply chain, ensuring all work provider service levels are achieved.
Implement best practice and improvements in customer service to ensure that the business is protected, and operational procedures are optimised. Be an ambassador for the DLG Auto Service Business demonstrating the DLG Values every day.
Deliver an effortless customer experience, CONNECT with the customer and deliver on agreed expectations. Create a customer focused culture that will support the delivery of our customer measures of speed, quality and ease.
- Establish, maintain and be constantly aware of the delivery of the connected customer culture through daily customer contact with our customers.
- Manage the area repair pods vehicle throughput duration (estimated to WS complete)
- Achieve overall cycle time and Direct Line Group 7-day business targets.
- Ensure an effortless customer experience by delivering upon the service levels/expectations set with our customers at the point of first notification.
- Co-ordinate with team members, POD technicians and suppliers to ensure all customer information is accurate for their bookings
- Exceed company standards for customer complaint results.
- Arrange services for customers, such as booking customer car for repair by email, SMS, telephone or fax.
- Ensure complaints are dealt with professionally in a timely manner and recorded onto the complaints tracker accurately.
- Takes ownership for customer complaints e.g. liaising with the Production Manager in order to resolve complaints.
Health & Safety
To protect ourselves, and others, own and address the risks involved in running our business appropriate to role. Deliver best in class standards of compliance in line with the DLG risk framework including:
- Adherence to and delivery of all health and safety requirements including audits, BSI and the repair centre blueprint.
- Reinforce a culture where high standards of health & safety compliance are rigorously maintained and protected.
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to the role, in line with the company risk framework.
Deliver right first-time high-quality repairs in line with business targets and claim volumes.
- Being accountable for the planning and direction of people resource through each workshop element (job card to workshop complete) in line with daily / monthly objective.
- Ensure all parts ordered/delivered on-time for bookings and ensuring all unused parts are returned, relevant invoices/credit notes are processed
- Managing the direction of people resource through each workshop element (job card to workshop complete) in line with daily / monthly objectives.
- Flow workloads evenly throughout the repair process
Be a part of customer services team who perform highly, striving for success, continually improving your own capability and living the company values.
- Use the performance and development framework to set your own clear and stretching goals
- Contribute towards the team engagement plan and take proactive moves to make continuously improve relationships and how we work.
- Create a culture where diversity and difference are accepted and embraced in line with our Bring All of Yourself to work value.
- Create an environment that brings out the best in you and your team, by living the DLG BehaviOURs.
- Good computer and administration skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook/Word/EXCEL, and Accident Repair Management systems.
- Telephone handling skills/images capture software
- Accurate control and administration of courtesy car fleet.
- Ensures that all relevant admin paperwork is completed accurately and in full, including the collection of insurance excess monies i.e. ensures that relevant excess, retail or VAT payments are taken without exception.
- A genuine interest in helping our customers.
- Good verbal, literacy, and numeracy skills.
- The ability to handle complaints and difficult situations.
- Highest standards of personal conduct required at all times to meet customer service standards.
- Is prepared to work flexibly, and to undertake overtime as required.
- Works well with colleagues and is prepared to cover for absence.
- Works with minimal supervision and is prepared to use own initiative.
- Takes personal responsibility for own objectives: sets priorities and works collaboratively with other in the team.
- Works sensitively and respects diversity of others.
- Actively support the implementation of all change initiatives within the Repair POD, from central control perspective.
Role model the People Leadership Profile in the way in which the production manager accountabilities are delivered.
Experience of managing remote working technicians
Production planning across multiple locations
Delivering quality standards above the norm in the vehicle repair industry
Previously worked in a repair pod or mobile repair business - (preferred)
What well give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that's why we'll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a very competitive salary and an industry leading reward package including a quarterly performance related bonus the details of this have yet to be agreed.
Our teams are always supporting their local communities and love getting involved in charity events and family days.
All company car scheme. We all want to do our bit for theplanet, but sometimes we need a car to get us and our families around. Our all company car scheme allows colleagues,who've been at DLG for 12 months or more,to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.