Hours of work: Full time teachers’ hours
Working pattern: Full-time
A recruitment pack is available from: [email protected]
Closing date: 12 Noon, Monday 9 November 2020
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 18 November 2020
Interview dates: Wednesday 02 & Thursday 3 December 2020
Start Date: 1 September 2021
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School (NOR: 234)
Old London Road
The Governors of this school judged by OFSTED as ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ by Section 48, wish to appoint an inspirational Head, a practising Catholic with the vision to shape the future success of the school, building on the excellent achievements of the retiring Head, Mr J Hellett.
We can offer you:
- happy, hard-working and responsible children
- supportive governors, staff and parents who belong to a thriving community
- a dedicated and talented staff team, committed to achieving high standards
- a well maintained and resourced school with some fine new facilities
- sea breezes, competitive house prices and the opportunity to live in an historic town in a beautiful part of East Sussex
You will offer us:
- a firm commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school, parish and community
- evidence that you are an exemplary primary practitioner
- high expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement
- an ability to lead, inspire and motivate
- excellent communication skills
- your vision to shape the future of our school because you are a strategic thinker
Further information on informal visits can be arranged by contacting Lesley Shaw on 01424 429494.
For an information pack and CES application form please contact [email protected].
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.