Essex County Council are seeking experienced Supply Teachers to support Essex schools with their temporary staffing requirements. We provide a service which assists our schools with their supply teaching and general temporary staffing needs.
Our aims are simple;
• We want to ensure the children of Essex receive the best education possible
• That our schools receive value for money on their temporary staff
• All Supply Teachers have a fair and straightforward route to employment
We are looking to provide an uncomplicated and effective employment platform for Supply Teachers and support staff. One where you earn a fair salary and receive the support required to enable you to develop effective and long-lasting relationships with schools in your area.
About the Service:
• A dedicated and professional team on hand to guide you through the process – from initial registration and compliance to securing work and handling payroll
• A free service – no compliance, documentation or payroll costs incurred
• Fair rates of pay for work completed
• The flexibility for you to decide the days you work
• A platform enabling you and schools to build effective working relations, not restricting your interactions
• No barriers to taking up permanent employment if offered
• Expert advice and guidance on how to progress your career in the way you want
• A simple payroll system – all work is on a PAYE basis
• Previous classroom teaching experience (QTS or equivalent is a must!)
• A confident & adaptable approach, with the ability to react professionally to new situations and environments
• Strong classroom management skills
• A thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Clear and concise communication skills
• The ability to deliver lessons to a consistently high standard
If you are interested in being part of a new way to provide high quality and effective education to the children of Essex please APPLY NOW, or get in touch by emailing [email protected]
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.