Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
Bishop's Waltham Junior is a growing school and we are looking to appoint an additional Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team.
We are looking for a calm, caring and friendly person who enjoys working with children to join our dedicated lunchtime team. You will need to be a good timekeeper, a calm, confident communicator and be able to work well in a team.
Previous experience working with children and a first aid qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
The post involves:
- Supervision of children at lunchtime in the hall, classrooms and outside areas - encouraging good table manners and promoting healthy eating.
- Encouraging positive play by leading a range of playground games.
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of all our children.
- Ensuring any issues are dealt with in a calm, thoughtful and positive manner - reporting to relevant staff where appropriate.
- Assisting with associated duties, e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean etc.
- Administering minor first aid (training provided)
If you would like to join our school team, please email [email protected] for an application pack. Alternatively, contact the school office on 01489 892368.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged using the contact details above.
You may also like to visit the school website at www.bwjunior.hants.sch.uk
Bishop's Waltham Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.