Part Time EYFS Learning Support Assistant to provide 1:1 support
Westfields Infant School is a three form entry infant school. We offer a nurturing environment where everyone is important. Strong relationships are central part of our ethos.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, kind and hardworking Learning Support Assistant to join our happy and welcoming team. You will be working 1:1 to support children in Year R access the curriculum. Although temporary for a year initially the contract may be extended.
Candidates should have Maths and English qualifications to GCSE Grade C or above or their equivalent. Relevant qualifications and previous experience of supporting young children in a school setting is an advantage.
We are looking for someone who:
· Has knowledge of the Year R Curriculum and how young children learn
· Can create learning experiences that enthuse and inspire children
· Who is positive and cheerful and has a can do attitude
· Who is patient and calm and who can work independently with initiative
· Who can work collaboratively with colleagues and who enjoys being part of a team
· Who has excellent communication skills.
In return we offer:
· Supportive leadership
· Lovely children who are happy and keen to learn
· A dedicated and very friendly staff team
· A sense of community
· Appropriate CPD according to personal needs and the needs of the pupils
If you have any queries relating to this post, please feel free to contact Janette Teague, Headteacher, on 01252 873603 for an informal chat or to arrange a visit.
Please contact Helga Davies for an application pack by emailing [email protected] or by telephoning 01252 873603 or visiting our website www.westfields-inf.co.uk . Thank you.
Westfields Infant School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.