Special Education Needs Assistant
Are you passionate about providing the best for children? Do you believe all children deserve the best experiences to support them to achieve? Do you love to play?! If yes, this job could be for you!
Our recently graded OUTSTANDING nursery currently has a new vacancy for a Special Educational Needs Assistant to provide high quality care and learning for children with special educational needs and disabilities at Haven. As an Early Years SEND Hub for Hampshire our exceptional practice and high quality training make us a unique and exciting place to work.
We are seeking a team player who wants further develop their excellent SEND early years practice. Fantastic opportunities for professional development and training available, including speech and language, Makaton, THOMAS training and Attention Autism... to name of few!! We are a large nursery team who are dedicated in supporting all young children to grow.
- To assist in the reception of children and settling them into nursery as well as the preparation of children for collection by their parent or carer.
- In a developing role and under guidance of senior staff, to take limited key person responsibility for a group of children, observing, monitoring, reviewing and recording the development of each child.
- To attend to the physical needs of children in the age range including feeding and nappy changing; to foster their development, independence and self-reliance; PE, toilet training/supervising.
- Report any concerns about a child with any physical, social or emotional concerns to a senior member of staff.
- To assist in the implementation of a curriculum of activities to ensure that the physical intellectual, emotional and social needs of each child are met
- To encourage children to explore and investigate play activities and games, developing social and motor skills.
- To encourage interaction between adults and children.
- To report to senior staff any child they observe is not thriving.