Teaching Assistant (Full or Part time + Lunch)
Bishopswood Junior School is a friendly, caring school that puts the childrens needs at the heart of what we do. We believe in educating the whole child so that they become self motivated, life long leaners equipped with inner confidence and respect for themselves and others. If you would like to play a part in our exciting journey from good to outstanding then Bishopswood Junior School is the place for you.
Weare seeking to appoint a teaching assistant to work in our friendly KS2 team.The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about helping children develop as independent and confident individuals.
You will be supporting children in class as well as individual /groups of children. Our Teaching Assistants work in close partnership with class teachers to enhance learning opportunities for all children and you will be required to provide accurate records and daily feedback. This position will be either full time 8.45 - 3.30 with an hour for lunch or a morning and lunchtime position.
Previous recent experience of supporting children and relevant training is preferred although training and professional development opportunities will be available for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- Relate well to both children and adults.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to enabling children to do their best.
- Able to work as a member of a team using your initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with good time management skills.
- A calm and positive approach.
- An understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding procedures.
- Good behaviour management skills.