Day Service Support Worker
About the Company
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfill their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable.
Why should I apply for this Day Service Support Worker job?
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. However, as a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
What does this Day Service Support Worker job involve?
- To support individuals/groups within the center and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high-quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services that meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Am I the right person for this Day Service Support Worker job?
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi-sensory impairments/learning difficulties is beneficial.
- A full manual UK license is beneficial to assist with community trips.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is beneficial ( BSL / Makaton etc.).