Our client in the public health sector is looking for three full time care navigators. The summary of the role is to act as a care navigator in their care navigation call centre receiving patient calls, assisting and directing patients in accessing the appropriate service, making appointments, dealing with requests for visits and taking messages in a courteous, efficient and effective way. The hourly rate is set to 8.72.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, via the telephone. To cover the reception desk at one or more of HMG sites, if required by the practice to meet and greet patients and visitors.
Essential Experience and Skills
Ideally candidates should have a good telephone and reception manner, be able to use a computer and have good keyboards skills. Candidates need to be able to work under pressure and cope with high call volumes calmly and efficiently in a professional manner. Previous employment in a medical/ clinic reception or within a telephone call handling environment would be advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Care navigators work alongside medical receptionist as part of the reception team. The reception team carries out a variety of functions at each Hereford Medical Group site and staff working within this team will, after a period of training, be expected to have a range of core skills.
Ensure effective and efficient service is provided to patients and other visitors accessing the practice.
• To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
• To work in accordance of written protocols.
• Filing post in medical records.
• Ensure courier takes all documentation and samples at the appropriate time.
• Deal with all general enquiries; explain procedures and using the computer system to make new and follow-up appointments.
• Deal with amendments to patient details, including change of name, address and telephone numbers.
If you would like to apply for the role please send your CV to [email protected] or for more information please call 01432 383890.