Day Service Organiser
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Full Time
- St Albans
Job Title: Day Service Organiser Location: St Albans Day Service, AL1 5PX Salary: £19,698 - £20,903 Hours: 37 hours Contract: Permanent
We want you to join our team in working with others to provide real opportunities for the people who use our day services to have fun, do new things, achieve their goals and to be fully part of their local community. St Albans Day Service provides day opportunities for adults with learning disabilities from Two Covid secure bases located in st Albans and Harpenden (the successful applicant will be mostly based in the St Albans area but will be required to work flexibly across the service as needed). We offer a wide variety of activities and support to individuals with a diverse range of needs and abilities.
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Day Service Organiser (H4). This role involves:
- Enabling the people who use our service to maximise and maintain their independence through planning and implementing activity programmes designed to meet their individual needs and aspirations as identified in their support plans.
- Organising distribution of tasks fairly and efficiently on a daily basis amongst the team, providing guidance and support as necessary to ensure completion.
- Maintaining and developing partnerships with local organisations to increase opportunities for people to undertake everyday activities and to access local communities.
- providing day-to-day personal care as identified in people’s individual support plans
- modelling good practice, providing guidance and support to junior staff. You will also undertake all aspects of the Performance Management Development Scheme for named supervisees.
- medication duties including administering, recording and supporting junior staff.
- Implementing and adhering to all relevant HCC/HCS policies, guidelines and procedures.
To apply you will need to be able to evidence your ability to undertake all of the key areas of the job identified above and also:
- Your experience of supporting people with disabilities and that you have gained an NVQ/QCF level 2 qualification or equivalent and are willing to work towards an NVQ/QCF level 3.
- Your ability to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies and that you listen to and understand the needs, aspirations and rights of disabled adults. This includes encouraging service users to be independent in their daily living activities and to take part in social and recreational activities.
- That you are capable and confident in assisting service users with their personal care.
- You are confident in using computer systems to organise and record information clearly and accurately and have the ability to use your own initiative as well as to work as part of a team.
- You maintain confidentiality at all times.
- You have the ability to risk assess situations and to identify and implement relevant actions to address.
- That you are emotionally resilient.
For an informal discussion please contact Claire Pitt on 01727 841610 or Tony Bridges on 01438 843797
As part of the application you will be prompted to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application may be rejected.
Closing date: 24th October 2021 Interview date: w/c 1st November 2021