Residential Child Care Worker & Senior Residential Child Care Worker
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Full Time
Job Title: Residential Child Care Worker and Senior Residential Child Care WorkerLocation: Hertford, Watford, Baldock, Stevenage and WelwynHours: Full Time -37 hours per weekContract: PermanentSalary Range:
Residential Care Worker ranges from 20,903 to 27,741 per annum plus 1,300 Market Force Payment, Senior Residential Care Worker ranges from 27,741 to 30,451 per annum plus 1500 Market Force Payment
Our Residential Child Care Workers Nurture The Future
Hertfordshire County Council wants to keep young people in care close to home. We know it is important for children and young people to remain part of the community to which they belong and to make sure they can continue to get support here from their family, friends and their professional network.
To make this happen we have invested in our children’s residential service through opening new children’s homes and making sure our staff get the best training to offer great care for all our children and young people.
We understand the impact of trauma on children and are passionate about helping these young people find their strengths and explore what they want to achieve with their lives. We believe in nurturing positive relationships and are wholly dedicated to never giving up on a child.
All our homes have Ofsted ratings of good and outstanding and we want enthusiastic staff to join our teams at an exciting time.
What we offer :
- A job like no other - both challenging and rewarding with no two days the same
- An opportunity to build meaningful relationships with children in a supportive team environment
- Training to use the ARC (Attachment self-Regulation and Competency) model of trauma informed practice to work therapeutically with children
- Great learning and development opportunities including access to apprenticeship schemes to advance you career in social care
- To apply for our Senior Residential Childcare Worker roles you must have experience of working with young people in a Residential Care Home or similar setting
- To apply for our Residential Childcare Worker roles we want people who are passionate about working with children and young people and it is desirable that you have experience of direct work with children or young people either through work or in a voluntary capacity.
- For both roles you must have a full driving licence and be able to use your own car for work. You will normally have access to a Hertfordshire car for work while on shift.
- You will be expected to work shifts including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep-in duties. Additional payments are paid for out-of-hours work.
- Full details of the essential attributes for the Residential Childcare Worker (ARC) and Senior Residential Childcare Worker (ARC) roles are set out in the job outlines attached