Boiler Installer - Birmingham
About The Role
Were now recruiting for Boiler Installation Engineers!
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, Customer focused company and have a minimum of 3 years boiler installations experience? Are you gas safe registered? Have you completed a full gas engineer apprenticeship? If so, we now have excellent opportunities for career minded individuals to join our team!
- Location - Birmingham
- Full Time - You will average 40 hours per week over the year working annualised hours (Less in Summer more in Winter), but your pay will not change! This role is Monday - Friday
- Salary - £35,166 + £3,000 signing on bonus
A bit more about the role;
As a Boiler Installer you will represent the HomeServe brand and undertake the installation of boilers and central heating systems in private domestic properties. Utilising your skills to ensure all installations are complete to the highest standard leaving our customers satisfied!
- Monday to Friday!
- £3,000 signing on bonus (This is split into two payment, £1,500 in your first payroll and £1,500 upon 12 months service)
- Annualised hours - (shorter hours in the summer! with the same pay)
- We operate a Company Share Scheme, for every share you buy the company will match this, doubling your investment!
- Additional voluntary paid overtime is regularly available for those in our teams with a desire to do and earn more
- Our defined contribution Pension Scheme delivers greater retirement benefits than many auto-enrolment pension schemes
- Annual leave that increases each year to a maximum of 33 days which includes bank holidays
- Additional leave can be bought (or sold back for additional take home pay)
- Our online benefits portal provides great discounts across a range of retailers
- Our Employee assistance programme is there not just for you, but also your family
- You will have your own company vehicle, fuel card and access to all the necessary parts and tools to do the job
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- We are continually investing in our technology
- We have a bespoke private award winning training facility, backed up by field based coaching teams to support your ongoing learning and development in the role
Essential - As a Boiler Installer we need the you to have the below qualifications, knowledge and skills
- CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1 & CKR1
- Full UK Driving Licence with less than 6 penalty points
- At least 3 years industry experience undertaking installation
- Electrical knowledge is essential, wring up combination, s-plan & y-plan system
- Excellent customer service skills
Desirable - It would also be great if you had experience with;
- Manufacturers product training
- Servicing and repair work of gas fired appliances and heating systems
- Fault finding and diagnostics qualifications.
Youll work in a fun, friendly, inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. Youll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers lives.
Training & Support
In order to use the relevant systems and work as an Boiler Installer for HomeServe, youll need to undertake our extensive training programme. The initial training will consist of 4 weeks of support prior to being signed-off to work on your own. During week 1 the training will be Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm and based in Nottingham. Where geographically appropriate we will pay for your accommodation. This will be classroom based training where you have a corporate induction to HomeServe and cover off Health & Safety, tools and equipment. There will then be 3 weeks where you buddy up with an experienced Boiler Installer in your area.
Could you be who we are looking for?
Its our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
Here at HomeServe, we work hard to build an inclusive, supportive, fun and collaborative culture that empowers all our People to do the right thing.
Whether you work on the frontline, talking to Customers on the phone or in their homes or you work in our Support Functions, we focus on putting Customers' needs at the heart of everything we do.