Community Centre Activities Assistant
Jewish Cares Community Centres are at the heart of changing peoples lives for the better. We aim to ensure that Jewish older people lead a meaningful life, have a sense of belonging and participate in their community through attending our Community Centres.
TheCommunity Centre Activities Assistant is responsible for front line delivery of day services to Jewish Care members, including running and supporting with activities such as chair based-exercise classes, discussion groups, card games and board games.
This role may involve tasks within the persons care plan that includes personal care.
Jewish Care supports flexible working opportunities, and this role may be able to support working parents.
What you will be doing
- Running and taking part in activities and programmes in a culturally specific Jewish Day service for older people, people living with dementia and at associated programming and events.
- Working together with programming teams to set up technology to support members taking part in activities at home - such as online social discussion groups and exercise classes.
- Confidently raising and reporting safeguarding concerns
- Providing, personal care duties, as indicated in a persons care plan
- Taking part in care plan meetings with colleagues, internal Social Work colleagues, relatives, and external agencies.
- Promoting the Montessori approach to dementia care.
- Supporting Care Bus Drivers with the collection of members from their home to the centre, ensuring their needs are met.
- Supporting members to coordinate and organise their transport arrangements to and from the centre to include assisting with booking and managing dial-a-ride, other community transport private hire and public transport.
What you will need:
- Experience of delivering activities in a similar social care environment.
- Experience socialising with or talking to older, disabled, or people living with dementia, in a personal or professional capacity
- Experience working with volunteers or volunteering
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, across all levels of observance, local parlance, and festivities
- Knowledge of general adult safeguarding best practice or a willingness to learn
- Ability to work empathetically and respectfully with people of all ages and abilities
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to socialise and interact with people