Digital Skills Tutor
In the digital age, technology presents great opportunities to enhance social connections, increase participation in society and in the cultural life of the community.
The Digital Skills Tutor will provide coordination of Jewish Care Explore, outreach and front-line training services to our community members.
What you will be doing:
- Conducting research amongst older and disabled customers to ensure the service meets their needs
- Planning and developing a core syllabus, and remote/online learning programmes
- Recruit and train volunteers to deliver programmes
- Planning and developing, train the trainers, volunteer outreach, skills assessment programmes
- Monitoring customers progress
- Adapting the ICT training program to meet the needs of the outreach program
- Creating links and partnerships with other organisations that can provide services and support that Jewish Care cannot. For example, training in specialist technologies, such as screen readers or switch devices.
- Specifying and purchasing any new hardware and software required.
What we are looking for:
- A competent and enthusiastic ICT user, confident in using PCs, as well as tablets/mobile devices including commonly used applications such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Skype, and Facetime
- Experience of providing training to older and disabled people or experience of developing and delivering activities for older and disabled people
- Experience of assessing skills and progress throughout the learning journey
- Experience of managing people, either staff, volunteers, or both
- Knowledgeable of digital technology, to transform older and disabled peoples lives
- Knowledgeable of current developments in ICT and particularly applications to facilitate engagement and communication for older and disabled people
- Ability to develop training resources and tutorials that meet a wide range of needs, and that consider different learning styles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate positively to people from a range of backgrounds and communities, motivating and empathising with them
- A passion for inclusion and a commitment to the inclusion of older and disabled people in all aspects of life