We have an exciting opportunity to join our property services team as a maintenance operative. providing support across our resources, completing minor maintenance repairs and scheduled maintenance tasks. Including tasks such as general maintenance, basic plumbing, carpentry, renovations, minor decorating and painting, fire alarm testing, completing site set-ups, monitoring of sites and any other assigned duties.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and as such the Maintenance Operative is required to work some evening and weekend shifts in support of the organisation.
What you will be doing:
- Completing scheduled maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, fire alarm testing, fire door inspections, inclement weather management, contractor control, extract cleaning and logbook/handbook management
- Carrying out minor maintenance repairs, minor carpentry including door maintenance, decorative repair including painting and decorating, plumbing including unblocking WCs and drainage, lamp changing, and landscaping repair (soft and hard)
- Liaising with contractors, ensuring Health & Safety protocols are adhered to and communication with resource/head office over issues
What you will need:
- Construction/Building services related trade qualification
- Clean UK Driving licence and ability to easily travel between Jewish Cares London sites
- Experience in performing various maintenance tasks around residential or commercial buildings and working within a similar environment
- Understanding of Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Understanding of fire procedures