Business Support Officer
- Lancashire County Council
- Full Time
| Salary £19,698-£21,748 per annum | Permanent, Full Time, 37 hours per week | ASC Health Acute/CATCH |
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Support Officer to join CATCH (Central Allocation Team for Care & Health), an Integrated Discharge Team in Central Lancashire.
Working within the service, you will become an integral part of a team who are working in partnership with Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust and Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS trust. CATCH provides a single point of access to community intermediate care services, working with referring professionals to progress their initial assessment and provide the relevant services to the individual.
The ideal candidate will be someone who will provide professional and efficient administration support to the team, they will have a good telephone manor and experience of understanding different databases and Microsoft excel to be confident in inputting and extracting data. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a wider team and be able to work independently.
- Daily inputting of data onto appropriate electronic system with speed and accuracy.
- To competently use electronic information systems to ensure data is protected against inappropriate use and patient confidentiality is protected at all times.
- Ensure telephone manner when communicating with patients, families, GPs, hospital wards and wider Community Services.
- Ensure accurate information is recorded on the Liquid Logic System.
- Ensure good working relationships are maintained with all departments and Integrated Teams across the Organisation.
- Respond to queries and requests for information in a timely and responsive manner within remit of knowledge and role.
- Communicate and escalate queries to team members as appropriate to enable these to be resolved in a timely manner.
- Work within limits of own competence and responsibility, referring issues beyond limits to team members.
- Ensure that you are organised at all times and able to manage competing priorities.
- Interpreting information, solving task-related problems or implementing regulations;
- Instructing and checking the work of others before reports are sent out
The role is based on a 7 day working pattern. The base will rotate between County Hall Preston and Longridge Community Hospital Preston. We will offer you good team support, regular professional supervision, opportunities to build on existing skills and knowledge, to flourish as part of an exciting new team that is looking to bring real benefits to a key part of Lancashire County Council’s Adult Social Care Service. As this is a new service you will have the opportunity within your role to help shape the service as it develops.
This role is a permanent contract and is 37 hours per week. The CATCH Service opening hours are 8.00am until 6.00pm 7 days per week including bank holidays and up to 26 weekends per year. In the future CATCH will remain open from 08:00am until 8:00pm, we ask that applicants are flexible with working patterns.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Debra Mwinga at [email protected]
In return Lancashire County Council offers a range of benefits, found on our website here
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Further information can be found on the 'Our Recruitment Process' tab.
You will be required to provide a car for use in connection with the duties of this post and must be insured for business use. However, we may consider you if you cannot drive because of a disability.
We do not hold a sponsorship licence and can only consider applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, your application will not progress.
We reserve the right to close down a vacancy early, before the closing date, if we receive sufficient applications.