- Lancashire County Council
- Full Time
| Salary £33,782-£38,890 Per annum | Permanent, Full Time 37 hours per week |
Due to the promotion of the previous postholder, we have an exciting opportunity for an ICT Engineer/Designer in our Digital Services Build and Provision team.
Build and Provision are a high-performing team responsible for maintaining the corporate software estate and for provisioning and upgrading network and telephony solutions for our customers.
The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- An understanding of software evaluation, packaging and deployment methodologies to take an off the shelf product and make it available to the customer zero touch, or evidence of transferable skills
- Experience in technologies such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Citrix, Powershell, Batch Scripting, MSIs, Windows Server, and e-Form development are highly desirable
- Evidence of logical problem-solving skills to both develop innovative solutions to complex problems and identify root causes of identified issues
- Experience in managing projects including the ability to assess requirements and to document and present solutions to stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to work across multiple disciplines. This may also include experience with network infrastructure although the primary focus of this role will be in desktop software and hardware evaluation
The role is an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in a diverse portfolio of work including the end to end design and implementation of a wide variety of COTS application upgrade projects.
In return, Lancashire County Council offers a competitive range of benefits, found on our website here.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Jeanette Garstang 01772 530661.
We do not hold a sponsorship licence and can only consider applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, your application will not progress.
We reserve the right to close down a vacancy early, before the closing date, if we receive sufficient applications.