Unit Catering Supervisor
- Lancashire County Council
- Full Time
| Salary £18,933-£19,698 per annum | Permanent, variable hours, 28.75 hours per week | Preston Roebuck County Primary School | Pro Rata
Unit Catering Supervisor (Grade 4)
Lancashire County Council provide catering services to over 500 schools across Lancashire, serving over 60,000 school meals per day and we are looking for committed individuals to join the service.
You will work as part of a team in The Roebuck School, Inkerman Street, Preston PR2 2BN providing high quality, healthy, balanced meals for school children.
- Cook and serve food and beverages in accordance with agreed menus and production plans.
- Direct and/or supervise other employees.
- Order supplies and store deliveries.
- Maintain records and stock control.
- Maintain agreed standards and associated documentation in relation to food and kitchen hygiene.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of large scale catering.
- Knowledge of food service and catering in general.
- Organisational, cost control and supervisory skills.
- Recognised supervisor or team leader qualification would be desirable.
- Monday to Friday.
- Term time only.
- 28.75 hours per week, although hours are variable depending upon school meal uptake.
- Plus 4 cleaning days per year.
We do not hold a sponsorship licence and can only consider applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, your application will not progress.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Further information can be found on the 'Our Recruitment Process' tab.
We reserve the right to close down a vacancy early, before the closing date, if we receive sufficient applications.