- To support the implementation of Local Area Coordination in Leicestershire
- To promote the LAC principles, which support individuals (of all ages) and families, particularly those with disabilities (learning, sensory and physical), mental health issues and frail older people to determine and pursue a ‘good life’
- To provide high quality, flexible and innovative support to help individuals to achieve an optimum quality of life
- To help individuals to achieve their goals, by identifying their strengths and assets and utilising the support of families, community networks and resources
- To develop community capacity, cohesion and resilience within localities
- Relevant experience (paid or voluntary) of working with individuals and communities,e.g. in a community development context
- Sufficient mobility to work from different bases/locations around the County where necessary
- Experience of working with individuals who may be experiencing challenging issues/ circumstances in a sensitive and professional manner, including being able to diffuse difficult situations.
- The nature of the work may involve the jobholder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
- NVQ Level 4 Qualification or equivalent
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact [email protected]