Construction Consultant (Architectural and Structural)
- Full Time
At an exciting time of development and expansion for the company, our Store Construction department is at the forefront of ensuring the infrastructure is in place to facilitate our ambitious plans. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and hard-working Project Manager to join the Store Construction Design Team (Architectural and Structural) in our Head Office.
What you'll do
- Be part of the design team responsible for creating the GB Corporate Building Specifications, liaising with internal stakeholders and our external Design Consultants.
- Managing relationships with external contractors and suppliers
- Tendering and negotiating of framework agreements for key national suppliers
- Implementing quality control procedures to achieve high quality standards across all construction sites
- Serving as point of contact for regional construction and property teams to support achievement of store construction targets
- Managing assigned project plans and deadlines
- Reporting on the progress of projects to the senior team
What you'll need
- Degree-level (or equivalent) education in Civil Engineering or Construction related discipline
- Relevant practical construction and civil engineering experience is beneficial
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Equal comfort working within a team and on your own
- German speaking is advantageous but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £42,000 - £53,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting, and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move in before the end of the year and we can't wait for you join Lidl!
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.