Customer Assistant (31 to 40 hours)
- Full Time
£9.50 up to £10.70 per hour* (pro rata) - This isn’t stacking shelves. This is feeding families.
As a Customer Assistant at Lidl, no shift is the same and you get out what you put in. Starting at 5am some days to set up the store bakery for the day or finishing at 11pm on others to close the store and ensure the store is ready for another day of customers, you’ll keep moving and keep business booming. Every day is different, so you won’t just be working deliveries or working on the till; you’ll be doing all of it and more. You could even train to be a freshness specialist, non-food specialist or a bakery specialist. It’s your hard graft that puts food onto dinner tables and keeps our customers coming back.
Our Customer Assistants work together as a team to ensure their store is clean, tidy and well-ordered so that customers can get the products they love and need. You’ll be part of a close-knit team who will soon become friends. Shifts include the weekends, but whether you have family commitments, are studying or have an extraordinary hobby, we make sure our rotas are available 3 weeks in advance so you can get the most out of your days off. This isn’t just a challenge, this is a challenge with great rewards because at Lidl, you get out what you put in. If you love keeping busy and want to do a job that matters, find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete three online exercises taking fewer than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. If everything goes well, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview. To find out more and watch videos of our tests, visit: https://assessment.aon.com/en-us/online-assessment/practice-assessments
What you'll do
- Unpack stock as deliveries arrive in store
- Providing excellent customer service on the tills
- Help our customers with any questions or queries, and locate items around the store
- Ensure the bakery stays topped up by baking fresh goods
- Ensure shelves are looking good, checking for sell by dates, ensuring quality and freshness for our customers
- Merchandising and maintaining our middles aisles of non-food products
What you'll need
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- The flexibility to start an early shift at 5am or finish a late shift at 11pm
- The ability to react positively to changing priorities
- The initiative to identify tasks that need to be completed
- The drive to work hard and contribute to the success of your store
- A friendly communication style with your team and customers
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive hourly rate from £9.50 up to £10.70 (*depending on experience) with 30 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.