Customer Assistant (Night Shift, 20 to 30 hours)
£11.30 up to £12.25 per hour (including an extra £2 per hour while working between 00:00 and 05:00).
This isnt stacking shelves. This is feeding families.
Our Customer Assistants work together as a team to ensure their store is clean, tidy and well-stocked so that customers can get the products they love and need. Our stores are open Monday to Sunday so youll need to be able to work night shifts in the week and at the weekend. Youll put in a shift as part of the team working hard through the night in our busiest stores. Youll check and unpack deliveries, stock our shelves and, make sure the store is ready before the doors open for customers in the morning. Unlike your colleagues working the day shifts you wont be interacting with customers working these shifts, but that doesnt mean the customer experience isnt at the heart of the role.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete three online exercises taking fewer than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. If everything goes well, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview. To find out more and watch videos of our tests, visit: https://assessment.aon.com/en-us/online-assessment/practice-assessmentsWhat you'll do
- Youll unpack deliveries through the night
- Make sure all access areas are clear
- Keep the store gleaming clean - both on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Help organise areas for promotions and special offers
- Carry out regular freshness checks and rotate stock
- Some knowledge or experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Good attention to detail when working quickly
- The ability to react positively to changing priorities
- Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
- The drive to work hard and contribute to the success of your store
- Ideally, previous experience working night shifts
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive hourly rate and 30-35 days holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.