Customer Assistant Open Day! Bordon Area (Friday 29th October 2021) 11-20hours per week
- Part Time
This isn’t stacking shelves; this is feeding families. Join us at our store open day!
Would you like to join us at our store open day, where you can meet a member of our team and find out more about joining team Lidl GB, before receiving a guaranteed interview?
We’re holding a Recruitment Day on Friday 29th October at our Forest Shopping Centre store in Bordon. We’re hiring now for the following positions:
- Customer Assistants 10 to 30 hour contracts (£9.50 up to £10.70 per hour)
- Shift Managers 20 to 30 hour contracts (£11.30 per hour)
Once we have received your application, you will then be invited to attend one of the following time slots:
10-12pm (for Shift Manager candidates) and 12pm-3pm (for Customer Assistant candidates) at our Forest Shopping Centre store, Bordon, GU35 0TN
Our store recruitment days’ take approximately two hours to complete and will include a welcome introduction to Lidl from the Area Manager, a tour of the store and a face-to-face interview. You will need to bring:
- Your eligibility to work in the UK documentation (we will provide a full list of acceptable documents with your invitation)
- Bank details (your own name must be listed on the account)
- National Insurance Card or number
- A P45 form from your previous employer
- Dates of pre-booked holidays
- A proof of address (driving license, Council tax bill etc).
Our stores aren’t the same as other supermarkets. We’re different and growing fast, and we have our people to thank for it. In our 800+ stores across the UK, we offer a range of over 2,000 different quality products to our customers, but it’s also where our teams roll up their sleeves and get things done. They’re the force that deliver our products to the nation, ensuring our customers keep coming back year on year.
If you’re looking for a job that keeps you on your toes with great rewards, then you’re in the right place. With great pay and brilliant benefits, you’ll be happy you attended our welcome event. We look forward to seeing you there.
What you'll do
- Unpack stock as deliveries arrive in store
- Providing excellent customer service on the tills
- Help our customers with any questions or queries, and locate items around the store
- Ensure the bakery stays topped up by baking fresh goods
- Ensure shelves are looking good, checking for sell by dates, ensuring quality and freshness for our customers
- Merchandising and maintaining our middles aisles of non-food products
- Lead and motivate your team, in accordance with our Leadership and Company Principles
- Create an environment where your colleagues can do their best work
- Delegate tasks and solve problems swiftly
- Lead your store in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Store Manager, taking responsibility for day-to-day operations including the monitoring of store figures
- Keep on top of freshness, inventory and stock management, and cash processes to ensure shifts run smoothly
- Keep everything tidy and clean, on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Ensuring and providing excellent customer service throughout the store
What you'll need
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- The flexibility to start an early shift at 5am or finish a late shift at 11pm
- The ability to react positively to changing priorities
- The initiative to identify tasks that need to be completed
- The drive to work hard and contribute to the success of your store
- A friendly communication style with your team and customers
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Experience of leading a sizable team to achieve targets in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and motivate a team
- A customer-focused manner, remaining level-headed in any situation
- Willingness to work as a key part of the store team, completing daily tasks on every shift
- A responsible approach and excellent communication skills so you can provide your colleagues with feedback to help develop themselves and the store
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive hourly rate, with 30-35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.