- Full Time
Working at the heart of Lidl’s Customs & Import team, you’ll find our busy and dynamic specialist team, continuously improving processes and finding ways to better service Lidl’s millions of customers. We thrive on creating the best solutions to complex and ever-changing challenges and we’re looking for a Customs Manager to join us!
The core purpose of this exciting new role is to ensure the high quality and compliance of Lidl’s customs activity. With your extensive customs knowledge, you’ll be contributing to compliance processes and protecting Lidl from compliance risk. As well as being a specialist within customs compliance, you’ll also be managing a team of around 5 people covering not only Compliance and Audit, but also our Classification team. Your input as a team player and customs professional, will have a direct impact on our operations, stores, and millions of customers.
In Customs, no two days are the same, as a Customs Manager, you will constantly be bringing clarity to new and interesting regulatory challenges. You’ll also be developing and coaching a great team to manage the continuously changing customs landscape post-Brexit.
This a fast paced, dynamic position where you’ll need to take a both an analytical and pragmatic approach to helping us solve problems to ensure our supply chain stays best in class.
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance.
What you'll do
- Managing a team of specialists day to day including delegation and workload management
- Training and coaching members of the Classification and Audit teams
- Overseeing the process of customs classification and audit
- Building reports and dashboards
- Checking, reviewing and analysing data
- Identifying areas of improvement and optimising processes
- Building relationships with the wider business and advising on customs related issues
What you'll need
- Knowledge of applying the General Rules of Interpretation (GIR)
- Experience working with the Customs Integrated Tariff and Explanatory Notes
- Experience working with customs data and the codification of customs declarations
- Up to date knowledge of customs legislation
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to manage and develop a team
- Analytical mind-set with the ability to analyse large data sets and build dashboards
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use their own initiative
- Highly focused and accurate with an uncompromising eye for detail
- Hands-on approach and can-do attitude
- Ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
- Confident using Microsoft Office packages
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £44,000 with the potential to earn up to £55,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more,making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl! We work to a hybrid model ensuring you have a flexible work life balance for those important moments in your life.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.