Junior Consultant Design Store Construction
- Full Time
Our Head Office Store Construction Department is strengthening their design team to meet our ambitious environmental sustainability plans. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Junior Consultant to manage a green building certification process of the existing and expanding store portfolio and support the standard design development for the UK.
What you'll do
- Managing a green building certification process for the existing store portfolio across the UK
- Managing project plans and deadlines
- Monitoring project progress and checking quality standards are met at all times
- Conceiving, preparing, reviewing, processing information required for store certification (if required, through on-site surveys)
- Managing relationships with external Companies, auditors and consultants
- Ensuring compliance with our corporate specification and internal procedures
- Remedying any issues quickly and effectively with an aim to keeping projects moving and ensuring deadlines are not jeopardised
- Reporting on the progress of certification projects to the Senior team
- Budget management and controlling project costs
What you'll need
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in either Engineering, Construction or Building Services
- Proven experience in a Construction/Engineering related role is desirable
- PC literate with strong Microsoft Office skills
- Highly organised with a pragmatic and analytical approach
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- A good communicator who can communicate confidently with people at all levels of the business
- A team player who is capable of performing tasks independently using their own initiative
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £30,000 - £37,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move in at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl!
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.