Non Food Administrator (German Speaking, 12 Month FTC)
- Full Time
From crayons to crash helmets and from mirrors to microwaves, the Non Food team are responsible for the purchasing cycle of every product you’ll find in the ‘Middle of Lidl’ today. At this exciting time of rapid expansion for Lidl, an opportunity has now arisen for a confident and highly organised Administrator to join this team for a period of 12 months.
You’ll need a good level of German language skills (degree level would be ideal) as you’ll be involved in product packaging translation, as well as creating and maintaining documents and databases in German. As well this, you’ll be troubleshooting issues and implementing solutions to help ensure the smooth running of the non-food cycle. If you are a proactive and diligent individual, eager to utilise your excellent multi-tasking abilities in a vibrant and professional team, this could be an ideal role for you.
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance.
What you'll do
- Maintaining our bespoke administrative databases and stock lists
- Proof-reading non-food packaging translations (German to English)
- Managing non-food samples arriving into Head Office
- Liaising with various internal teams such as Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and Marketing and our Regional Distribution Centres (RDCs) across Great Britain
- Opportunities to liaise with International departments and suppliers when required
- Liaising with suppliers, remedying potential issues as they arise
- Managing phone calls, emails and internal communication
- Other ad hoc administrative duties
What you'll need
- Fluency in English and a good level of German is essential
- A passion for retail and products, as well as a deep interest in non-food market trends and consumerism generally
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to spot mistakes
- A real team player: someone who is willing to get stuck in and help their colleagues
- Positive mindset and can-do attitude
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to deal with changing tasks and routines in a fast-paced environment
- A strong multi-tasker with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- An excellent communicator with the confidence and composure to deal with entrusted tasks
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £23,500 - £28,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl! We work to a hybrid model ensuring you have a flexible work life balance for those important moments in your life.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.