Property Portfolio Junior Consultant
- Full Time
Our Head Office Property Department is expanding and looking for an enthusiastic and analytical Junior Consultant to join the team. In this role, you will be working in the department at the heart of Lidl GB’s industry leading expansion plans, consulting and assisting in new and existing store development proposals.
The work environment is fast, challenging, but also extremely rewarding. This is a real opportunity to learn and expand your skillset and, most importantly, progress your career within the Property team at Lidl.
On a daily basis, you will be looking into the analysis of new and existing store development submissions, liaising with our Regional Property Offices and communicating with all levels of the business, including senior management. Help turn our expansion plans into reality!
What you'll do
- Working in Head Office at a national strategic level to drive forward store expansion and development of the existing portfolio
- Providing support to consultants within the Head Office property team in the following areas:- Reviewing store development submissions to Head Office at all stages of their life cycle (Location Planning/ Site Acquisition/ Planning Permission/ Opening/ Modernisation/ Relocation/ Disposal)- Coordinate stakeholders in collecting and analysing relevant data to support / critique these proposals
- Assisting in the preparation of store expansion proposals (new and existing) for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Responsible for maintaining departmental trackers and coordinating with stakeholders to ensure data quality
- Liaising with and providing support to our 17 Regional Property Offices regarding store development proposals
- Completing related project work including national presentations, reports, procedures, and deadline management
- Providing support for in-house property systems and procedures, while ensuring confidentiality, compliance with legal requirements and operational specifications (internal policies, etc.)
- Continuously understanding the company’s ‘bigger picture’, and the role of property within the organisation as a whole
What you'll need
- Genuine interest in the property industry
- Confident presenting ideas to other members of the property team, as well as senior stakeholders
- An inquisitive mindset, not afraid to scrutinise and ask questions to improve new proposals and team procedures
- Proactive in learning and understanding the legal process involved in property transactions
- Strong organisational skills, and an ability to work to regular weekly deadlines
- Numeracy skills, with the ability to understand financial appraisals / return on investments
- Undertake due diligence to ensure that proposals are presented with accuracy and in line with company guidance
- Proficiency in Excel, and an ability to grasp new in-house systems and procedures
- Driver’s license is advantageous
- German language skills are beneficial but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £30,000 - £37,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance. The recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you have on this.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.