Reporting and Planning Manager - German Speaking
- Full Time
Our Head Office Controlling Department is looking to recruit a proactive, passionate and analytical manager determined to build a career in a challenging international environment.
The Controlling Department is the main provider of reports and supporting analysis to executive management and operational departments with relevant indicators for the targeted management of all business processes within the company. This is an exciting time to join the team as they transition through a period of organisational alignment and growth.
What you'll do
- Manage a team responsible for generating and providing month end financial and management reports
- Support management with the annual financial planning; manage a team to prepare the turnover plan
- Support management and operational departments in the targeted control of all relevant indicators
- Monitor and analyse KPIs, thereby identifying risks, errors, problems and improvement opportunities
- Be responsible for the transparency of all positions in the Profit and Loss statement and further KPI’s
- Interact with various stakeholders ranging from our International Head Office in Germany to UK Head Office Departments as well as our Regional Distribution Centres
- Carry out Month and Year end processes
- Assist with relevant projects and manage ad hoc queries
- Increase the efficiency and quality of the Business Intelligence department; endeavour to streamline processes
What you'll need
- Accounting qualification such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Fluency in German language is essential
- Accounting/Financial reporting experience in a similar position with a proven aptitude for data analysis
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in partnering with stakeholders
- Managerial experience is beneficial
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to deliver accurate results
- Advanced Excel skills
- A self-motivated and proactive individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems independently
- An innovator rather than an administrator with the ability to deliver the final product in a quality fashion
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £54,000 - £65,500 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move in before the end of the year and we can't wait for you join Lidl!
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.