Cyber Security - Identity Management Analyst
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Full Time
End DateTuesday 16 November 2021
Salary Range£33,993 - £44,130
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryAn Analyst position has arisen within the Identity Services Tooling team within IT Cyber Security. The role is working primarily within the Identity Services Function to provide analytical support to a team which is focussed on delivery of automation for Identity and authentication/authorisation services to Lloyds Banking Group.
You'll assist in creating and setting the direction and approach for Automated Testing across the team, in order to support the ongoing development of products and projects, working alongside developers to influence the design of testable code and platform engineers to integrate your tests into Continuous Delivery pipelines. The choice of tools, technologies and approaches will be wide and varied and you'll have a strong influence over quality practices within the project.
- Analysing test requirements, designing and producing re-usable test scripts and specifying requirements for environments, data and test tools required
- Overcoming development obstacles to deliver quality testing on time
- Reviewing test artefacts produced by peers
- Reviewing test results and modify the test suite as necessary
- Defining and creating test cases from the analysis of non-functional specifications •Designing and executing functional and performance test scripts, and security tests
- Analysing requirements for test automation, designing and implementing the technical solution regardless of approach.
- Reviewing and assuring the scope and execution of Unit Tests and Integration Tests performed by Software Engineers
- Working closely with other Engineers to describing to how their work will be, or has been, tested such that the Software Engineers gains insight into the tester's interpretation of the requirements
- Undertake exploratory testing where scripted testing is inappropriate or unnecessary.
- The successful candidate will be working with existing Analysts and Developers within the team and will be expected to be able to perform both Analysis and support activity. As such, you will be required to gather comprehensive requirements, taking responsibility for writing test plans, supporting developers perform their testing and deployments. You will also be expected to work collaboratively with existing members of the team to achieve success.
- The role requires a rigid focus on delivery of agreed milestones within timescales as development is performed in line with a strictly controlled release schedule. These releases contain a mixture of product fixes, patches and new or revised functionality delivered as part of the business project portfolio.
- Other responsibilities will include working closely with Developers to scope out technical solutions, attending project meetings, providing quotes and estimates; and providing a point of contact for business projects.
- Manual testing will be required as well due to the nature of the products in use within the company
Key Capabilities / Knowledge:
- Experience in the delivery of projects, through all phases of the Project Lifecycle, from Requirements Capture, through Functional and Technical Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Support. The capability to deliver associated project deliverables at each phase of the life cycle is also critical.
- Proven ability for working closely with Analysts and other Developers on both a technical and non-technical basis, to have the ability to communicate technically with those who need technical explanations, but also to be able to explain clearly and concisely in a non-technical way.
- The ability to define clear and concise functional and non-functional requirements.
- The ability to write automated test scripts using Selenium based automated testing tools.
- The ability to collaborate with other teams across Lloyds Banking Group in order to support project delivery.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.