Finance Business Partner, Customer Investment and Optimisation
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Full Time
End DateFriday 03 December 2021
Salary Range£42,399 - £55,270
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryProvide advice and consultancy on costs and investment, as well as partnering the senior leadership of the Chief Customer Office in managing the cost base of c.£300m.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain recover and prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities, and we're playing a central role in building a growing UK economy.
Who are we?Our Customer Investment and Optimisation (CI&O) team ensure we derive maximum benefit from our investment in the Customer, including optimising the customer experience as well as saving money for the Group. It’s a small team of four subject matter experts who provide advice and consultancy on costs and investment, as well as partnering the senior leadership of Chief Customer Office (CCO) in managing the cost base of c.£300m.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team either in Bristol or Edinburgh, at the start of an exciting phase of investment in the Customer, with the opportunity to personally own and lead projects and initiatives. The key challenges will include managing the various needs of senior stakeholders, whilst at the same time having an eye on process improvement, and spotting opportunities for saving costs.
In this role you'll:
- Support CCO’s annual budget setting process
- Lead on cost initiatives that help to deliver the agreed budget
- Provide analysis of benefits with Value Streams, including interlocks where appropriate
- Work with Retail Finance, Retail COO and Finance Leads to develop management information to ensure there is alignment on targets, plans and progress.
- Provide inputs for governance forums
About you:Are you a qualified accountant, who has considerable experience of Cost Management processes and budget setting in a fast paced, complex, large organisation?
Naturally inquisitive and curious to deep dive into processes and ways of working, you’ll confidently make decisions and act on your own initiative, prioritising and working at pace.
Key to your success will be your gravitas and subject matter knowledge, as you’ll provide consultancy and expertise to stakeholders and internal customers at all levels.
This is a varied, interesting and engaging role, which expands much further than monthly reporting activities, so you’ll need to be an all round Finance professional.
In addition to this, other essential skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Ability to influence and collaborate effectively across the organisation, including Finance, Chief Operating Office and Transformation as well as Chief Customer Office
- Exceptional partnering skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with ability to simplify complex issues
- Strong decision-making skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity and manage change
- An eye for continuous improvement of processes
- A Financial Services background is not essential, but would be desirable, and it would also be advantageous if you have an understanding of Banking.
What can we offer you in return?It is a very exciting time to join us! Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to be the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll receive;
- Discretionary bonus and share plans
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.