Lead Engineer - Markets Architecture Strategy
End DateWednesday 25 May 2022
Salary Range£81,120 - £101,400
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryOur MAS Murex lead engineer will take responsibility for coordinating and leading the Lloyds Engineering team(s) involved in developing and building out the Murex 3.1.50+ application and its associated dependent stack for the Markets Architecture Strategy programme and beyond.
You'll be a personable and confident manager, mentor and technologist who leads by example and lives and breathes Lloyds core values and behaviours - an encourager, a guide, a doer and a caring and supportive line manager and colleague to your team as well as your peers and the wider LBG community.
Ultimately, you'll be an engineer at heart and therefore technically adept, but will also have a willingness to continually develop, learn and grow both yourself and your team - this will come with a burning desire to make the change and support function for Murex and the MAS Lab the very best it can be.
Lead Software Engineer (Markets Architecture Strategy)
Lloyds Banking GroupLondon (with remote/ flexible working)
Salary & Benefits: £93,160 - £116,450 (depending on experience) base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working. We aim to ensure you have a good work-life balance and positive mental health.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UKs leading digital franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands - including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland - as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country. We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help.
Where does this role sit?
Weve created -LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business.
The Markets Architecture Strategy (MAS) Lab has recently been born off the back of a multi-year programme tasked with delivering a transformational simplification and re-engineering of the Commercial Markets landscape.
The programme is centred on a greenfield implementation of the market leading Murex v3.1.48+ application platform, hosted on new private and public Cloud infrastructure. MAS will be collapsing, moving and migrating the core and peripheral data, functions and processes from 80+ legacy Markets applications, front to back, onto Murex.
The programme will be highly innovative, adopting the extensive use of automation and continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) tooling alongside infrastructure as a service/code methodologies within an Agile framework in order to shift testing and delivery left, improving both quality and time to market.
People sit at the heart of what we do, and this role is no exception - as cliched as it is, we need a true people person to join us and help lead the way with the future transformation of our Murex centred MAS team.
Reporting into the MAS Engineering Lead, your primary responsibilities will be to coordinate and lead the Lloyds Engineering team(s) involved in developing and building out the Murex 3.1.48+ application and its associated dependent stack. You'll need to be a personable and confident manager and mentor who leads by example and lives and breathes Lloyds core values and behaviours - an encourager, a guide, a doer and a caring and supportive line manager and colleague to your team as well as your peers and the wider LBG community.
As part of this, youll have these accountabilities:
- Day-to-day management of the Murex teams development tasks and activities, ensuring these remain aligned with LBGs guidelines and standards
- Manage the individual wellbeing, career, development & training, performance management and overall administration for your team
- Act as the key liaison for Murex for engineering, infrastructure and business team members and internal and external partners and suppliers
- Coordination and management of the change schedule for Murex within the lab and wider value stream and group
- Handle Murex related risks in accordance with LBGs risk framework
- Manage team and application recertifications and compliance
- Act as guardian and gatekeeper for Murex from a security and compliance/audit perspective
- Become the go to Murex contact for the lab and the management team
To achieve these things, youll have relevant experience and will have been successful in a similar lead or senior supporting role with Murex itself or within the wider application development arena.
Your appreciation of the technical and functional aspects of the Markets and Treasury businesses and functions should cover some of these areas - but rest assured, we wont expect you to know everything!...
- An understanding of Markets/Treasury asset classes, products and their associated trade lifecycles, perhaps covering some or all of - FX, MM, Repo, Securities, Collateral, Lending, Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Commodities, Finance & Accounting, Risk, Revaluation, Collateralisation, RefData etc.
- An appreciation of global regulatory regimes and their associated compliance mechanisms (EMIR, Dodd Frank, IBOR, CSDR, FRTB, SFTR etc.)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment methodologies, including infrastructure as a service/infrastructure as code, perhaps with some exposure to Delphix or Terraform or similar
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE delivery methodologies, perhaps with experience of Murexs MXPress offering
- An understanding and appreciation of the use and benefits of Public Cloud pay-as-you-go infrastructure services such as MS Azure, GCP, AWS or others
- An appreciation of database and application server technologies and operating systems as well as database concepts, perhaps with some experience of Oracle or RedHat Linux or similar
- Familiarity with the concept of automated testing and process automation
- A grounding in application and database security concepts and controls
- Experience of migrations/transfers to/from application platforms
If youre not already familiar with these, you'll be encouraged to learn all you can and will be trained extensively to take advantage of these ground-breaking technologies and new ways of working which are going to be key to the success of the MAS lab.
What will I get in return?
In return, you'll be supported and encouraged to be your absolute best self and to grow personally and professionally. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to be a key early contributor in helping shape and build the future team and youll be expected to offer ideas and opinions as well as being given the freedom to take responsibility and truly own it!
If this sounds like the career youd like to have, join us...and be part of a new, exciting and innovative engineering team and lab that is inclusive, has a values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides great opportunities for flexible working. All are welcome to apply, and individuals with disabilities will be offered all possible assistance to participate in the job application and interview process (as well as the job function itself).
Together we make it possible!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together were building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.