Product Control Oversight Assistant Manager - 6 month FTC
End DateTuesday 24 May 2022
Salary Range£31,167 - £40,450
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryThe successful candidate will become a member of the Oversight team, within Product Control, an agile and supportive team with a desire to further all of its colleagues development goals, via learning opportunities, knowledge sharing and cross training.
Group Finance Support
Lloyds Banking Group is the UKs largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Recover. Our Finance teams sit at the heart of the organisation. Group Finance Support (GFS) is a team of c600 colleagues within the Finance Division (c2600) with responsibility for the core platforms, processes, financial reporting and controls for Finance. It also supports the Finance through provision of Divisional responsibilities, People & Culture initiatives, Systems & Data capabilities and Strategy development.
The Product Control team is a control function responsible for the production of the daily/weekly P&L across the suite of Commercial Banking and Treasury products. This includes providing analysis of the P&L at the appropriate level of granularity and ensuring appropriate controls are in place around the completeness, accuracy and presentation of reserves.
Product Control is a team culture and you're expected to work effectively as part of the wider team, helping even out workload, collaborating to solve problems and sharing knowledge. There are always new issues to investigate and resolve, starting every single day with a desire to learn and improve is critical for success in role.
The successful candidate will become a member of the Oversight team, within Product Control, an agile and supportive team with a desire to further all of its colleagues development goals, via learning opportunities, knowledge sharing and cross training.
The successful candidate will be actively involved in managing the day to day operation of the daily controls as outlined in the Product Control governance standards.
Responsibilities will also extend to daily controls over the Central books along with supporting the Product Control team in governance KPI tracking and delivery.
Overview of the role
The roles and responsibilities will extend to:
- Daily monitoring of Product Control key governance KPIs
- Oversight of the daily processing and controls procedures
- Monthly governance pack compilation
- Review of prepared daily/month-end reporting journals
- Investigation and remediation of any Central P&L items / issues
- Performing standard and non-routine administrative data processing tasks for leadership and gives colleagues advice on the proper performance of departmental processes
- Deliver assurance on the underlying financial information, through robust controls
- Developing personal capabilities using existing formal and informal training opportunities
- Delivering routine support services to others by using existing policies and procedures
- Qualified accountant or in the latter stages of qualification
- Finance professional with a proven track record gained in a range of roles and/or proven depth of knowledge within their specialism
- Understanding of relevant business systems, along with practical understanding of financial systems and processes
- Ability to utilise and manipulate spread sheets, produce formatted charts and use sophisticated formulae and pivot tables
- Seeking an individual who is comfortable in working in a fast paced & changing environment, able to support delivery of solutions to inbound change impacting the team
Who am I looking for
- Actively demonstrate core Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours
- Support the implementation of robust processes aligned to business objectives, recommending improvements where appropriate. Minimising operational risks using judgement to determine where issues require partner concern
- Establish and build relationships with partners to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to advise business decisions
- Participate in Resource Sharing, demonstrating collaboration and teamwork across the department, support and drive continuous improvement in behaviours and processes
And in return:
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Groups vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. Were adopting collaborative, agile ways of working, to help us deliver the best outcomes for our colleagues, customers and businesses.
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
So if you have the skills were looking for, wed love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together were building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.